Regional Rail Link is a landmark, award-winning, infrastructure project to remove major bottlenecks in Victoria’s rail network and it is the largest transport infrastructure project being undertaken in Australia.
Auscut were involved on the project from start to finish and over many shutdown periods requiring round the clock services on site. We provided a range of sawing, drilling and GPR scanning services to various areas as part of the Regional Rail Link project. Our services over the course of the project included works on the following stages:
- Southern Cross station new platforms 15 & 16
- Major bridge modifications at Dynon Road and Lloyd Street bridge in North Melbourne
- Dudley Street rail bridge in West Melbourne
- North Melbourne rail-over-rail flyover
- Moonee Ponds Creek rail bridge
- Construction of a new 1 km bridge over the Maribyrnong River area including a rail flyover between Maribyrnong River and Hopkins Street, Footscray.
- Major bridge works at Hopkins Street, Nicholson Street, Albert Street, Victoria Street, Ashley Street and Stony Creek.
- Two new stations at Wyndham Vale and Tarneit with lifts, ramps and stairs
Client: Integrate Rail Joint Venture, John Holland, Civilex, Metro Trains Melbourne